Using Learning Management Systems (LMS) to Develop Pharma Training: Rewards & Challenges
This webinar will describe the development of job position curricula in the Pharmaceutical industry using a Learning Management System (LMS) and provide you with the tools needed to create effective curricula.
September 21, 2020
10:00 AM PDT | 01:00 PM EDT
More Trainings by this Expert
Product Id : 503265
Live: One Dial-in One Attendee
Corporate Live: Any number of participants
Recorded: Access recorded version, only for one participant unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Corporate Recorded: Access recorded version, Any number of participants unlimited viewing for 6 months ( Access information will be emailed 24 hours after the completion of live webinar)
Learning Management Systems (LMSs) are important tools for assuring and demonstrating that Pharma employees maintain their training, and their GMP compliance, up to date.
They often boast great functionality but also have limitations that must be overcome for a Pharma company to use them effectively. An area that is not understood well is the development of training curricula in these systems, which presents its own unique challenges and takes far more time to implement than is commonly thought.
In addition, many employees have these responsibilities in addition to others not necessarily related to training and do not have the luxury of time to create and maintain a complex array of curricula.
Why you should Attend:
This course will describe the development of job position curricula in the Pharmaceutical industry using a Learning Management System (LMS) and provide you with the tools needed to create effective curricula.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What a true Pharma curriculum is
- Requirements for Pharma curricula
- What a true Pharma curriculum is not
- Why is setting up curricula so complicated?
- Obtain details of employee job functions that are necessary for setting up curricula
- How to create intuitive curricula
- "Fighting the LMS" - common issues
- Use LMS functionality
- Audit considerations
Who Will Benefit:
- Articulate what constitutes a Pharma curriculum
- Distinguish a true Pharma curriculum from common misconceptions regarding Pharma curricula
- Work effectively with peers and management to set up curricula for their organizations
- Obtain details of employees’ job functions that are necessary for setting up curricula
- Create curricula that are intuitive for employees
- Demonstrate training compliance to auditors through the effective use of curricula
- This course will be of benefit to training employees, both individual contributors and management, who are responsible for the creation and management of Pharma training curricula (e.g. LMS administrators, trainers, training managers and their supervisors, subject matter experts)
Michael Esposito has over 30 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry and 17 years experience in GMP training and document management. He has worked for Wyeth Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer and Johnson & Johnson's McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division in a variety of areas including Packaging, project administration, Quality Assurance, Government Contracts, translations, systems training, and international operations.
He collaborated in the development and implementation of the training portion of the Consent Decree workplan for McNeil and revised their introductory GMP course. He is a member of the training organizations GMP Training Educators Association and Association for GXP Excellence (AGXPE) and is fully fluent in Spanish. His areas of interest include systems training, training effectiveness, post-training user support, process improvement, and sustainable packaging.