Tools for Human Error Reduction
This training program will analyze the factors and causes behind human errors, also we will discuss tools for measurement and human error measurement and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), also you will learn how to manage and improve human reliability.
More Trainings by this Expert
Human error is known to be the major cause of quality and production losses in many industries. Although it is unlikely that human error will ever be totally eliminated, many human performance problems can be prevented. Human errors start at the design stage. From procedures, training, and workplace environment many variables that affect human behavior CAN be manipulated reducing the likelihood of these occurrences.
To work with these challenges it is really important to understand human behavior and the psychology of error as well as understand exactly where the systems weaknesses are, so they can be improved and/or fixed. This course offers practical approaches and tools to address human performance issues in GMP related environments by using a specific methodology to correct, prevent and avoid re-occurrence of these issues.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Background on Human Error Phenomena and measurement
- Importance of Human Error Prevention/reduction
- Quantitative and qualitative information gathering
- Why do we need tools for human error reduction programs?
- Training as a tool and human error
- Facts about human error and training
- Human Error as the Root Cause: what to do and how to measure it
- Root Cause Analysis
- Cognitive load assessment
- Systems available
- Human error rate
- Floor checklist
- Interview questions
- Human error rates and other metrics
- Trending and tracking
- CAPA effectiveness
- Metrics and Human Error
- Human Error rate
- 1st time pass rate
- Overall equipment effectiveness (OEE)
- Trending /Tracking
Who Will Benefit:
- Understand human error-factors and causes
- Understand the importance-regulatory and business
- Define the process to manage Human Error deviations
- Learn about human error measurement
- Learn about tools for measurement
- Establish Key Performance Indicators
- Define and measure human error rate, cognitive load, and CAPA effectiveness
- Identify what I can do to support human reliability
- Training Managers and Coordinators
- Plant Engineering
- QA/QC Staff
- Process Excellence/Improvement Professionals
- Industrial/Process Engineers
- Compliance Officers
- Regulatory/Legislative Affairs Professionals
- General/Corporate Counsel
- Executive Management
Ginette Collazo, Ph. D. is an Industrial-Organizational Psychologist with 20 years of experience that specializes in Engineering Psychology and Human Reliability, disciplines that study the interaction between human behavior and productivity. She has held positions leading training and human reliability programs in the Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing Industry.
Nine years ago, Dr. Collazo established Human Error Solutions (HES), a Florida based boutique consulting firm, where she has been able to position herself as one of the few Human Error Reduction Experts in the world. HES, led by Dr. Collazo, developed a unique methodology for human error investigations, cause determination, CA-PA development and effectiveness that has been implemented and proven amongst different industries globally. This scientific method has been applied in critical quality situations and workplace accidents.
She is the author of the book Human Error: Root Cause Determination Model, published in 2008. She is also a speaker at significant events like Interphex, FDAnews Annual Conference, Global Conference on Process Safety, International Conference on Applied Human Factors and Ergonomics, and of course, Pharmaceutical Industry Association.