How to Analyze Financial Statements
More Trainings by this Expert
Grab a cup of coffee and join us to learn how to analyze the numbers, and use this intel to juice up virtually every facet of your organization's operations from marketing, to finance, to HR, to customer service and sales.
Use our proven model to quickly assess the financial condition and results of operations of any business using trend and ratio analysis. Join C-suites and business analysts from around the country and empower your team to maximize the benefit from your crystal clear understanding of the numbers.
Why should you Attend: Accounting and finance is supposed to be the international language of business. If so, then why do we struggle so much to make sense of the numbers? Are we so busy managing our business and leading our staff, that we don't have time to wade through the financials, discover the trends, draw proper conclusions and take appropriate action? What if our peers, or worse, our competition understands our numbers better than we do?
Areas Covered in the Session:
Who Will Benefit:
- Review the components of the annual report of a prominent publicly traded company and learn how to use this wealth of information
- Use the annual report to perform a fundamental financial analysis
- Learn the various types of financial analysis and their purpose
- Learn the key ratios to evaluate a company's liquidity, leverage and operating performance
- Identify the key benchmarks to help determine whether a company's ratios are in line with competitors
- Understand horizontal and vertical analysis and how they can be used to identify key trends
- Bonus: receive our advanced excel hosted financial model complete with all ratios, horizontal and vertical analysis
- Use our model to perform financial analysis on other company financial statements, including yours
- Receive benchmark information to use in determining the quality of your analyses
- Learn about resources available to perform comparative studies between companies in the same economic sector - even private companies
- Financial Executives
- HR Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Department Managers
- Business Unit Managers
Miles Hutchinson is a CGMA and experienced businessman. He has been an auditor with PriceWaterhouseCoopers and the Chief Financial Officer of a $1 billion real estate development company. He is a highly sought after professional speaker and consultant who has presented over 1000 seminars and training sessions on a myriad of business and financial topics, such as financial analysis and modeling, accounting matters, strategic planning, and compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act. His clients include, Abbott Labs, Citicorp, the FBI, GE, Pfizer, and the US Marine Corps.