Block Chain Made Easy - Introduction and Basics for Non-Techies
This webinar is for you if you want to know, what is blockchain, what are the advantages, what are its applications and many more in simplest terms by Joe Lynch.
More Trainings by this Expert
Once a block is written to the blockchain it can't be altered by anyone. If somebody tries to introduce a fake transaction into the ledger, he can only do so by adding it to all copies of distributed ledger (which is not possible, as every block is cryptographically linked with previous and next block) else that transaction is spotted and will be removed. Before a record is written to the blockchain, it needs to be verified and this is done by special nodes (computers) called miners.
Why should you Attend:
Today there is hardly any business that can't be migrated over to blockchain, so business leaders need to understand it.
There are many advantages to using blockchain and distributed ledger technology. Blockchain provides the following benefits:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Excellent Transparency - Information is visible to all and can't be changed even by the creator of blockchain
- Robust Security - resilient to all sort of cyber attacks
- Better Traceability - products can be traced from farm to fork
- Increases Speed and efficiency for Blockchain - information is available to all stake holders instantly
- Reduced Costs - No intermediaries, direct buyer and seller contact
Who Will Benefit
- Block chain basics
- Distributed ledger technology
- How it works
- Block chain advantages
- Speed and efficiency
- Block chain applications
- Supply chain
- Sales and Marketing Managers
- Supply chain Managers
- Operations Managers
- Owners and Top executives of Logistics and Supply Chain Companies
- Owners and Top Executives of Warehousing and Distribution Companies
- Transportation and Logistics Managers
- Supply Chain Consultants
- Purchasing and Procurement Managers
- Owners and Top Executives of Import / Export Companies
- Owners and Top Executives of Transportation, Logistics and 3PL Companies
- Safety Managers
- Compliance Managers
Joe Lynch is the founder of The Logistics of Logistics, a logistics training and consulting firm. Joe specializes in helping logistics and transportation companies grow their sales. Joe also works with manufacturers, retailers, distributors and wholesalers to select and manage their logistics providers (3PLs, brokers, carriers, etc.)
Joe's significant experience in logistics and supply chain has given him unique insights into the challenges and opportunities facing companies that outsource some or all of their transportation and logistics functions.
Mr. Lynch is a frequent speaker / presenter at industry conferences. Joe also conducts dozens of webinars per year.
Recent topics include: inbound logistics, automotive logistics, 3PL selection & implementation, service level agreements, managing with key performance indicators, 3PL sales strategy, shipping to/from Mexico, and LTL trends.
Prior to founding The Logistics of Logistics, Joe was the General Manager of Rock Solid Logistics, a management based 3PL.
Earlier in his career, Joe led a supply chain consultancy, which focused on the automotive sector. His consulting engagements included: value stream mapping, supply chain optimization, lean product development, module strategy, and quality improvement.
Joe started his career as an automotive engineer and eventually rose to program launch manager for vehicles built in Thailand and China. He has a Bachelor of Business Administration and from Cleary University. Joe also earned a Master of Arts in Education from the University of Michigan. His master's program was specifically designed for facilitators, trainers and consultants.