BC ISO 22301: Business Continuity Planning
More Trainings by this Expert
ISO panning helps you mitigate in a disaster against loss of business, loss of monies, penalties, legal liabilities, loss of reputation, loss of customers and more.
As governments and regulators recognize the role of business continuity in mitigating the effects of disruptive incidents on society, they increasingly seek assurance that key players have appropriate business continuity arrangements in place. Similarly, businesses recognize their dependence on each other and seek assurance that key suppliers and partners can continue to provide key products and services, even when incidents occur.
Business Continuity Management is a holistic management process that identifies potential impacts that threaten an organization and provides a framework for building resilience and the capability for an effective response which safeguards the interests of its key stake holders, reputation, brand and value creating activities
By implementing a Business Continuity Plan your business will increase its recovery capabilities dramatically. And that means you can make the right decisions quickly, cut downtime and minimize financial losses. Preparedness is the key. It gives confidence. Having Business Continuity Management (BCM) in place demonstrates
Why should you Attend:
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Disaster recovery for Technology is becoming an increasingly important aspect of enterprise computing. As devices, systems, and networks become ever more complex, there are simply more things that can go wrong. As a consequence, recovery plans have also become more complex. Organizations become more reliant on these technological solutions as they grow in complexity as well.
- There are many risks that may threaten your organization by disrupting your business processes. These risks include traditional emergencies like fires, floods, earthquakes and tornados as well as risks form physical and cyber terrorism, cyber-crime, computer and telecommunications failures, theft, employee sabotage, and labor strife. Any one of these can all be very disruptive for your business.
Who Will Benefit:
- The scope of the plan.
- Normative Reference.
- Context of the organization (including determining the scope of the management system).
- Understanding of the organization, its needs and the scope of the management system relative to the business.
- Leadership (including organizational roles, responsibilities and authorities).
- Planning (including objectives and plans to achieve them).
- Support (including resources, competence, awareness, communication).
- Operation of the Business Continuity Management System.
- Performance Evaluation (including Monitoring, measurement, analysis and evaluation).
- Continuous Improvement.
- Continuity Planners
- Business Continuity Planners
- Disaster Recovery Continuity Planners
- Risk Managers
- Internal Audit
- CEO, CIO, CFO, COO
Ms. Michael Redmond is a Consultant, Speaker and Author. She also conducts ISO Certification Training for PECB. Michael is the Chapter President for Association of Contingency Planners Eastern Great Lake Chapter and an active member of ISSA.
Michael is certified as a Lead Implementer in ISO 27001 Information Security Management, ISO 27035 Security Incident Response, ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management and ISO 21500 Project Management. She is a Certified Instructor for ISO Certification Courses through PECB. Also certified Project Manager PMP, and 2 Master Certifications (MBCP) (FBCI) in Disaster Recovery and CEM Emergency Management
She has consulted in the area of Cyber Security for clients in the arenas of Healthcare, Insurance, Financial and Manufacturing. Her projects have included:
SIEM Security information and event management which is Combining software products and services combining security information management (SIM) and security event management (SEM).
(CSIRT) which is Cyber Security Incident Response Programs, Plans, Playbooks, Training and Testing.
Audit of CSIRT programs and documentation.
Information Security Programs and Implementation.
She has 2 books which are coming out in 2016 and are being published by one of the Top International Publishers in the world. The first is a Cyber Security book and the second is a Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery book
Michael has a series of Audio Training that receive CEU's from Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) and other certifying organizations.
Cyber Security Training for - 6 CEU's.
Business Continuity Management for 20 CEU's.
Michael's been honored as Top Woman in her field at a White House Luncheon and was selected out of the world to write the prolog for the chapter on RISK Management by the United Nations for their Disaster Book which was given to the head of state for every UN member nation. She has recently been named on the list of "Women of Distinction for 2015" by Women of Distinction Magazine for her work in Cyber Security.
She was selected to speak on Cyber Security Incident Response and SIEM at such recent conferences as:
International ISSA Conference in Chicago.
NYS Cyber Security Conference - Co Spoke with Acting CISO for New York State.
ISACA Western New York Conference.
Metric Stream Round Table in New York City.