This instruction is intended for use in upgrading your Management System for the transition from OHSAS
18001:2007 to ISO 45001:2018 for OH&S management systems (OHSMS) used in all types of industries.
The above OHSMS are compatible with each other and have common requirements.
In ISO 45001:2018, the requirements are described in:
- Clause 4 Context of the organization
- Clause 5 Leadership and worker participation
- Clause 6 Planning
- Clause 7 Support
- Clause 8 Operation
- Clause 9 Performance evaluation
- Clause 10 Improvement
Previously in OHSAS 18001:2007, the requirements were described in:
- Clause 4.1 General requirements
- Clause 4.2 OH&S policy
- Clause 4.3 Planning
- Clause 4.4 Implementation and operation
- Clause 4.5 Checking
- Clause 4.6 Management review
You have the OHSAS-2007 version in place and now have the objective of upgrading the system to the ISO-
2018 version. The good news is that since you are familiar with formal management systems, this initiative
will be relatively straightforward.